What you need to play CLAZER
1. Hardware – A gaming PC and a Virtual Reality system
- HTC Vive VR hardware supports your own gun as the VR controller
- Oculus Rift works great if you don’t use your gun in the game
- Samsung Gear VR gets you started without hand controllers
2. Software – Download the CLAZER software
- CLAZER for HTC Vive and Oculus Rift on the Steam VR online store
- CLAZER on the Oculus Rift site and on the Samsung Gear VR headsets
No need to wait – we will send software updates to registered users for free
And very soon, we’ll have a gun controller that fits your shotgun
You will need the following software and hardware for the gun controller:
- CLAZER Gun Controller Simulator Software for HTC Vive – from Steam VR
- HTC Vive Tracker
- VR Gun Company controller (coming soon)
- A gun – over/ under 12 or 20 gauge, most AirSoft guns or firearms with an accessory rail that holds a 1″ diameter laser or flashlight.
Look for an HTC Vive demo site near you.
If you do not have a VR ready PC, get one that is set up for VR.
Oculus Rift Touch does not support CLAZER’s gun controller
Samsung Gear will not support CLAZER’s gun controller
Lead Tech VR offers all the shotgun shooting disciplines in VR – skeet, trap and sporting clays, and a game version, separately or in a bundle. All sold and downloaded online for each of the virtual reality platform arcades – Samsung, Sony, Oculus Rift and HTC. Our patented method of teaching correct lead is available as CLAZER VR SKEET, CLAZER VR TRAP and CLAZER VR CLAYS – on SteamVR..
You will need a virtual reality headset – which sell from a $100 Samsung to a $500 Oculus Rift. For casual users, the Samsung should suffice, but we recommend the HTC Vive system since it supports our gun controller. The least-cost solution is the Samsung Gear VR headset, for $100, which recruits a Samsung phone to operate.
We strongly recommend the HTC Vive since we are building the gun controller for it and that will produce the most realistic experience – by far.
Please contact us for details.
With a hand-held controller, you are in the gear for less than $150. You can get the headset for free if you buy a Samsung phone
Since the user does not move around in the Lead Tech simulation, head tracking is not a big issue, the Samsung kit should suffice for most casual shotgunners and most gamers. Plus, you can take it anywhere – no PCs to plug into.