What You Need for the VR Shooting Simulator
1. A PC Computer
A gaming PC that can run virtual reality programs
We strongly recommend using the HTC Vive virtual reality system, so you will need a gaming PC that works well with that system. Costs zero if you have a PC that will run VR. Here are some examples.
2. A Virtual Reality system
CLAZER works on HTC Vive, Oculus Rift or and Samsung VR system. Costs nothing if you have a VR rig, if not, up to $600. We strongly recommend the HTC Vive system
Oculus Rift will not support the VR gun controller
Samsung Gear VR has no hand controllers, will not support VR gun controller
3. CLAZER software download
Software is inexpensive, about $30 when on sale. Download CLAZER for HTC Vive and Oculus Rift on Steam VR Online Store
Production model now shipping for $200 and it fits your shotgun
The following software and hardware for a complete system:
- CLAZER Gun Controller Simulator Software for HTC Vive – from Steam VR
- HTC Vive Tracker
- VR Gun Company controller Made in Texas now shipping
- A shotgun – over/ under 12 or 20 gauge, most AirSoft guns or firearms with an accessory rail that holds a 1″ diameter laser or flashlight.
5. Install the VR Gun Controller
- Start with VR mode turned off in Steam
- Plug Vive Tracker USB dongle and extension adapter into computer USB port
- Enable VR mode in Steam
- Plug in each Hand Controller via USB one by one to pair them to Steam
- Right click the SteamVR window and select Devices->Pair Controller
- Hold down the button on the Vive Tracker to enable pairing mode
- This did not pair, but a grey icon of the Tracker appears on the SteamVR window
- Hold down the button on the Vive Tracker again to enable pairing mode
- Right click the grey Vive Tracker icon on the SteamVR window and select Pair Tracker
- Vive Tracker and both Hand Controllers should now be paired
- Once the Steam Windows application is open, select the STORE tab at the top.
- On the Search Bar, search for CLAZER and select it
- Select Add to Cart
- In Steam, select the LIBRARY tab at the top and install or update CLAZER
- Once installed or updated, in the LIBRARY tab, right click on the installed CLAZER app
- Select the ‘Properties’ options
- Select the Betas tab at the top of the Properties Window
- Enter ‘SynapticSwitch2600‘ for the access code and select CHECK CODE
- Select the ‘development – QA Branch‘ option in the drop-down box
- The beta version will begin to download and will override the normal version.
- You can open per installed CLAZER the same way, through the Library tab.
Look for an HTC Vive demo site near you.
If you do not have a VR ready PC, get one that is set up for VR.
Oculus Rift Touch does not support CLAZER’s gun controller
Samsung Gear will not support CLAZER’s gun controller
Lead Tech VR offers all the shotgun shooting disciplines in VR – skeet, trap and sporting clays, and a game version, separately or in a bundle. All sold and downloaded online for each of the virtual reality platform arcades – Samsung, Sony, Oculus Rift and HTC. Our patented method of teaching correct lead is available as CLAZER VR SKEET, CLAZER VR TRAP and CLAZER VR CLAYS – on SteamVR..
You will need a virtual reality headset – which sell from a $100 Samsung to a $500 Oculus Rift. For casual users, the Samsung should suffice, but we recommend the HTC Vive system since it supports our gun controller. The least-cost solution is the Samsung Gear VR headset, for $100, which recruits a Samsung phone to operate.
We strongly recommend the HTC Vive since we are building the gun controller for it and that will produce the most realistic experience – by far.
Please contact us for details.
With a hand-held controller, you are in the gear for less than $150. You can get the headset for free if you buy a Samsung phone
Since the user does not move around in the Lead Tech simulation, head tracking is not a big issue, the Samsung kit should suffice for most casual shotgunners and most gamers. Plus, you can take it anywhere – no PCs to plug into.